I was fortunate to be asked to participate in this year's "Mohonk Mountain House Art Foray". I enjoyed the experience immensely!
I just got informed that my painting "Yellow Apple" won the "Elaine M. Garvin Memorial Award" at the 2015 Northeast Watercolor Society Member Show!
The show runs from February 9 - March 25, 2015 at the Orange Hall Gallery and Loft (Orange County Community College)
Monday through Thursday 9am-8pm
Friday 9am-6pm Friday,
February 13, 9am-10pm Sunday,
March 1, 2-4:30pm Saturday,
March 7, 7-10pm
March 23-25 hours are 9am-6pm
Orange Hall is located at the corner of Wawayanda & Grandview Avenues, Middletown, NY
RECEPTION: Saturday, February 14, 2015 ~ 1-4:15pm
AWARDS are presented at 3:45pm
Gearing up for a busy year!
WRSA -Now that I'm officially a Represented Artist at the Wallkill River School of Art in Montgomery, NY. I'll be exploring other mediums and subjects so I can produce pieces for each of their monthly Theme Exhibits.
I'll be also teaching some Arty party at the school sometime in the near future.
CGFA - Watch also for news about my classes at the Crawford Gallery of Fine Art in Pine Bush. I'll give you the dates soon!
I still have paintings in the following Art Exhibits
- 3 pieces in display until February 8 at the Artery Gallery in Milford, PA. with the Pike County Arts & Crafts group.
- 7 paintings in the Group Show "On a Common Ground", at the Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River, NY, until April 2015.
- 2 paintings in the CAA Winter Show at the Government Center in Pine Bush, NY
COMING UP -
- OCAC "Member's Exhibit" at the Orange Hall Gallery at SUNY Orange in Middletown, NY. Dates: Jan 7 - Feb 6.
- WRSA - "Member's Exhibit" and also "Black & White" Hallway Theme. January
- CGFA - "Brush with History" Group Show. January.
I've been busy teaching Art and Spanish the last few months, but I still had time to produce a few paintings. This Holiday Season I'll be Exhibiting in 5 different places.
- Crawford Gallery of Fine Art in downtown Pine Bush has one of my paintings in a show called "Great Small Works".
- The Crawford Art Association will have 2 of my newest paintings in exhibit until January 15, 2015, in an Art Show that will help raise funds for "Toys for Tots".
- The Pine Bush Area Art Council, located by the Gazebo in downtown Pine Bush, is displaying 2 of my latest watercolors in a Group Winter Show.
- I'll also have 3 pieces in display until February 8 at the Artery Gallery in Milford, PA. with the Pike County Arts & Crafts group.
- My 7 paintings in the Group Show "On a Common Ground", will decorate the walls of the Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River, NY, until April 2015.
- I'm also participating on December 13 in a Craft Show called "Granny's Attic", in Montgomery, NY, to help raise funds for their Middle School. I'll have stacks of matted prints and some originals for sale.
Soooo excited! 7 of my best paintings just got accepted and will be in exhibit at the Blue Hill Arts and Cultural Center in Pearl River, Rockland County, NY. They'll be there from November until May 2015! Last month, I answered their Open Call to artists in the Tri-State Area. I submitted 8 pieces and they selected 7. My paintings will hang in several locations inside the beautiful Cultural Center. I'll be sharing the space with another 6-8 artists, I believe. The Center only has 2 exhibits a year, so it's quite an honor to be there for 5 months!
I also have to deliver the painting that got accepted in the Northeast Watercolor Society International Show in Kent, Connecticut. My "Red Temptress" watercolor will be in Exhibit October 19 - November 2, even though the painting just sold!
I'll be also participating in 2 local Group Shows in Pine Bush and 1 in Sugar Loaf!
I better get back to painting!
Busy ART weekend ahead for me! I’m exhibiting pieces in both sides of the Hudson River. I’ll be doing some Plein Air and showing some of my artwork at the Cooper-Finn Gallery in Millbrook, NY. I’ll be also participating in this year’s OC Open Studio Tour at the Hub located in the Crawford Gallery of Fine Art, downtown Pine Bush. I’ll spend Saturday in Millbrook and Sunday in Pine Bush (12-4 pm).
Come to visit on Sunday. I’ll be doing a little Demo!
Still working on my newest large watercolor, which you’ll be able to see in the Pine Bush Gallery this weekend.
This year you'll find me on September 13 & 14 at the Pine Bush HUB located in the "Crawford Gallery of Fine Art". The Gallery is located on 65 Main Street Downtown Pine Bush (big brown wood building). Gallery Hours for that weekend: 10:00 am- 4:00 pm
VISIT with artists, EXPLORE their studios and BUY art on this FREE, SELF-GUIDED TOUR
Eastern Orange County
September 6 & 7
Areas of Newburgh, Vails Gate, Cornwall, Cornwall-on- Hudson, Highland Mills, Central Valley, and Highland Falls
North Central Orange County
September 13 & 14
Areas of Pine Bush, Walden, Montgomery, Washingtonville, Rock Tavern, and Salisbury Mills
Western Orange County
September 20 & 21
Areas of Port Jervis, Huguenot, Cuddebackville, Otisville, Middletown, Westtown, and Slate Hill
South Central Orange County
September 27 & 28
Areas of Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Tuxedo, Harriman, Monroe, Sugar Loaf, Chester, Goshen, Florida, and Pine Island
To request a tour booklet, call or e-mail the Arts Council or download the printable version from our website.
TOUR BOOKLETS will also be available for free in Shops and Restaurants in the area.
I've been invited to participate in a Group Show at the Cooper-Finn Gallery in Millbrook, NY.
They want my painting of the Rocking Chair with Mums, and they told me that they might use the image for the publicity for the show. That would be really nice!
I'm a happy camper! I just got the news that my painting "Red Temptress" has been accepted in the 38th Northeast Watercolor Society International Exhibition.
The Exhibit will will run Oct 19 - Nov 2, at the Kent Art Association Gallery, located in Kent, Connecticut.
As usual, the Open Studio Tour will have again a few different Hubs in our area. This year I've chosen to join the CAA (Crawford Art Association) in the new "Crawford Gallery of Fine Arts". The Gallery is owned by artist Tom Bolger and is located on 65 Main Street, Pine Bush (large brown building).
Dates: September 13 & 14.
I'll give more info as it comes closer.
Lana Privitera is back in the Art world after a 10-year hiatus.